Weekend Plans

7 things to do in Syracuse this weekend

These events around Syracuse will help you avoid a boring weekend.

Here are a few options for what to do around Syracuse this weekend:

Event: Orange After Dark: Black Light Dodgeball
When: Friday, Sept. 15 at 10 p.m.
Where: Flanagan Gym
Desc.: Orange After Dark will transform Flanagan Gym at Syracuse University into a dodgeball court and mini golf course on Friday, decking it out with black lights, neon court lines and a DJ. The event is free for students with a valid SU or SUNY-ESF ID. No tickets are needed.
Cost: Free

Event: Jordan Fall Festival
When: Friday, Sept. 15 to Sunday, Sept. 17
Where: Village of Jordan
Desc.: A 30-minute drive from the city of Syracuse will take you to the village of Jordan, which will host the annual Jordan Fall Festival on Sept. 15, 16 and 17. With events like Greased Pole Climbing and a pie sale, there’s plenty to explore at the festival.
Cost: Free

Event: Festa Italiana
Where: Corner of Montgomery and Washington Street
Desc.: It’s going to be Italian everything at Syracuse’s Festa Italiana this weekend. We’re talking meatball-eating competitions and a whole lot of pizza. Head downtown to the festival held near City Hall on the corner of Montgomery and Washington streets.
Cost: Free

Event: Worship the King
When: Friday, Sept. 15 at 6 p.m.
Where: Carrier Dome
Desc.: This student-led event will be filled with testimonies and musical worship led by Jesus Culture’s Derek Johnson. The event is free to attend.
Cost: Free

Event: CBT Lalah Hathaway Concert
When: Friday, Sept. 15 at 9 p.m.
Where: Goldstein Auditorium
Desc.: Grammy award-winning artist Lalah Hathaway will perform as part of the Coming Back Together weekend that reunites black and Latino alumni on campus. Tickets can be purchased online on the Schine Student Center Box Office Website.
Cost: $10-$20

Event: Orange After Dark: Mini Golf and Outdoor Laser Tag
When: Saturday, Sept. 16 at 9:30 p.m.
Where: Big Don’s Wild River
Desc.: Head on over to Big Don’s Outdoor Fun Center for outdoor laser tag and mini golf. Busing to Big Don’s, which is located in nearby Cicero, will be provided. Students can purchase tickets at Schine Box Office.
Cost: $3

Event: The Little Dog Laughed
When: Through Tuesday, Sept. 19
Where: The Redhouse
Desc.: The play focuses on Mitchell, a gay actor who wants to come out but is denied by his agent. The show is not as serious as it is funny, and it does contain nudity. The Tony-award winning comedy is the first show of Redhouse Theater’s 2017-18 season.
Cost: $32